Class: Gerontological Nursing
Assessing and Planning Care for an Elderly Person
In order to gain an insight into the world of elder adults, it is important to understand how they view themselves and the values they hold. Additionally it is important to assess and determine his/her needs and establish appropriate interventions for this individual.
In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, you will discuss your interview of an older adult. This person cannot be a patient in your clinical setting. You can use a friend, family member, or co-worker. The older adult must be age 65 years or older.There are two parts to this assignment – the psychosocial interview component and the functional assessment.
Download the patient questionnaire. QUESTIONNAIRE INCLUDED AS ATTACHMENT . Use this format to record the person’s responses.
- Include 2–3 questions of your own to get a complete picture of the older adult.
- Summarize your findings.
- Include the questionnaire with responses in the Appendix of your paper.
After gaining permission, conduct a physical and mental functional assessment of the older adult you have chosen. Review your readings for the process of a functional assessment.
- Use the tools discussed this week to complete a comprehensive assessment of your patient. Search the Internet for resources on these tools.
- Tinetti Balance and Gait Evaluation
- Katz Index of Activities of Daily Living
- Assessment of Home Safety
- The Barthel Index
- Do not include a name on each tool, but do include professional or other designation, and age. Your name should also be identified on the tool.
- Include these tools in the Appendix.
- Based on your assessment:
- Compare and contrast the age-related changes of the older person you interviewed and assessed with those identified in this week’s reading assignment.
- Identify at least 4–6 preliminary issues.
- Identify three alterations in health that you would propose and describe them.
- Identify a minimum of three comprehensive interventions for each alteration.
- Integrate cultural considerations in your interventions.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
TEXTBOOK: Miller, C. A. (2018). Nursing for Wellness in Older Adults (8th ed.). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
READINGS : Assessment of Health and Function
- Psychosocial Wellness
- Psychosocial Assessment
MUST BE APA 7TH EDITION FORMAT, MUST HAVE NO SPELLING ERRORS, MUST HAVE CORRECT PUNCTION, MUST CITE AND REFERRENCE, MUST ATTACH “TURN IT IN” RESULTS TO PAPER, TEACHER CHECK FOR PLAGARISM ON A WEBSITE SUBMITTED TO, PROOFREAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Choose an editorial article (An editorial is an article that presents the writer’s opinion on an issue supported with facts) from the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal. Browse the library and choose an editorial that addresses a business issue that interests you.Instructions:Write an essay describing the following:
- Citation of the article and a brief summary of its contents
- What are the premise(s) in the article?
- What evidence is presented? Is it credible?
- Can you independently verify the evidence presented?
- How are counterarguments addressed?
- Does the writer represent a particular interest?
- How is language used to develop the argument?
- Do you detect any errors in knowledge, evidence, or thinking?
- Does the writer use any types of appeals or commit any fallacies?
- Overall, how compelling is this article?
Be certain to carefully research your analysis using at least 3 credible sources. Your submission should be 4-6 pages in length minimum and should be a thorough representation of your ability to critically think through the steps above. Use the template provided to ensure you are following APA format