Choose a public policy that is needed or needs to be changed that relates to nursing health care or public health. Policy changes can occur by working with members of your legislature and state or national nurses associations to introduce a new bill and/or change to the current law in your state or federal government.
Examples of public policy include any component of the current legislation governing health care Medicare Part D Medicaid nursing regulation medication technicians etc.
In 700+ words propose a health policy change (that is currently a bill a law or may not exist at all) at the state or federal level that needs to change and why.
1. The policy must not be a clinical care policy for individual care. The policy involved may include public or community health legislative or regulatory professional organization (nursing-oriented) advanced nursing practice health plan or hospital plan.
2. Include a specific section for the exact wording for the bill or change in the wording of the law.
3. Include the plan for the implementation of your policy development to lobbying for passage to next steps after passage.
4. Discuss who would be the champion for the bill/law change from your state advocates (legislators federal legislators local or national state nursing organizations). Are these individuals also influential in making changes occur? Did you vote for the individual in the office that you want to help you make this change?
Identify and explain the benefit and burden of the ED in terms of reimbursement and non-reimbursable services. Examine the healthcare options for patients seeking non-emergency…
Identify and explain the benefit and burden of the ED in terms of reimbursement and non-reimbursable services.
Examine the healthcare options for patients seeking non-emergency care, urgent care, and emergency care. Assess the potential misuse of healthcare services and relate the problem to accessing inappropriate levels of care and how it impacts the HCO. Identify and explain the benefit and burden of the ED in terms of reimbursement and non-reimbursable services. Identify a potential solution to the problem, the feasibility of your proposal, and the obstacles associated with your proposal.
In this week, you will continue to complete tasks of the project topic selected in Week 1.
Topic 1: Disease Process
Choose a payer type that is different from your original choice in Week 3.
Compare the costs of covering healthcare services provided by these two insurances in your area.
What insurance type is best suited for healthcare coverage of your hypothetical patient’s disease type?
Topic 2: Healthcare Profession
Estimate the cost of education and training for the healthcare professional you selected.
Research the earnings of such a professional at entry-level, at mid career, and at the top of the career.
How is this professional paid, for example, fee for service, salary, health insurance payment, etc.?
Submit your answers in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.
Cite all references in APA format.
Briefly summarize the different types of Medicare insurance programs.
1. Briefly summarize the different types of income protection programs an employer can offer. Indicate which are mandated (if any) and which are voluntary. (210 words)
2. Briefly summarize the different types of Medicare insurance programs. What coverage is available? Who is eligible? What, if any, is mandatory coverage? (210 words)
3. You are the compensation manager for a manufacturing company of about 200 employees. You are responsible for the company’s healthcare budget. The company has been spending an increasing amount of money on health insurance every year with no relief in sight. Currently, the company offers one plan, a traditional HMO that employees contribute to every pay day. The CEO wants to know what options are available to decrease the rising costs without sacrificing employee coverage. She does not want to offer less coverage, just pay less for the same thing or better. In a memo to the CEO, briefly summarize some of the options that the company should explore to contain its costs. You will need to clearly explain each option; however, you do not have to provide any calculations as this is just a starting point to examine all potential plans and options to lower and contain costs. (210 words)
4. The new Patient Protection Affordability Care Act (PPACA) requires certain employers to provide health insurance to eligible employees. There has been a lot of litigation surrounding this new law; however, the United States Supreme Court has ruled the law is constitutional and valid. Explain an employer’s obligation under the requirements of this new law. Which employers does the new law cover? Which employees are eligible? (210 words)
5. Currently all employers are required to offer employees mandated benefits such as Social Security deductions and disability benefits, Unemployment insurance, Medicare deductions, and Workers’ Compensation. There may be more depending upon the size of the employer. Do you think all employers regardless of size should be required to provide these benefits and more? Certain employers starting next year will be required to provide health insurance. Do you agree with this? What benefits, if any, do you think should be legally mandated? Support your opinion with facts. (210 words)