The Ministry of Health of a lower-income country has decided to institute a national nutrition surveillance system to monitor the country’s most pressing child and maternal nutrition problems. The surveillance system should incorporate the micronutrient deficiencies that affect the population, and account for people at different life stages, socioeconomic, and geographic groups’ vulnerabilities to individual nutrient deficiencies. As a health professional working for the ministry, provide your professional summary for a selected lower middle income country, of the nutritional problems, target groups, approaches to assessment, options for routine contact in the community, and types of agencies to organize into a surveillance system to guide the ministry. Discuss ways in which single-micronutrient deficiency prevention strategies might be combined, integrated, or coordinated to achieve cost-effective control. Describe the roles of general rations, supplementary feeding programs, and therapeutic feeding programs in maintaining population nutrition.
Please provide 2 reference, at least 250 word
Using the proximate determinants framework, discuss the relative impacts of one of the following reproductive health issues: contraception, breastfeeding, abortion, sexual activity and infecundity on total fertility rates in Latin America versus Africa from both a family-centered and systems-based perspective. What are the policy implications of these findings? Provide a real-world example of this issue and explain how the policy impacts the low-income population. Similarly, explain why Japan, which has a relatively low contraceptive prevalence rate, has such a low total fertility rate.
Please provide at least two references
Review the IOM report, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” and explore the “Campaign for Action: State Action Coalition” website. In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, discuss the influence the IOM report and state-based action coalitions have had on nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing workforce development, and how they continue to advance the goals for the nursing profession.
Include the following:
- Describe the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Outline the four “Key Messages” that structure the IOM Report recommendations. Explain how these have transformed or influenced nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development. Provide examples.
- Discuss the role of state-based action coalitions. Explain how these coalitions help advance the goals specified in the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Research the initiatives on which your state’s action coalition is working. Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state’s action coalition. Discuss the ways these initiatives advance the nursing profession.
- Describe barriers to advancement that currently exist in your state and explain how nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Based on the required topic study materials, write a reflection about worldview and respond to following:
- In 250-300 words, explain the Christian perspective of the nature of spirituality and ethics in contrast to the perspective of postmodern relativism within health care.
- In 250-300 words, explain what scientism is and describe two of the main arguments against it.
- In 750-1,000 words, answer each of the worldview questions according to your own personal perspective and worldview:
- What is ultimate reality?
- What is the nature of the universe?
- What is a human being?
- What is knowledge?
- What is your basis of ethics?
- What is the purpose of your existence?
Remember to support your reflection with the topic study materials.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Step 1: The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model, also known as a health home, is a health care delivery model designed to improve access to care, increase quality, and reduce costs. Familiarize yourself with the PCMH model. Use these websites or research them on your own.
- The Medical Home Model of Care (Links to an external site.)
- How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation’s Primary Care Foundation (Links to an external site.)
- Health Policy Gateway (Links to an external site.)
Step 2: For this discussion, select one of the health care delivery settings discussed in the assigned reading (e.g. home health/hospice, long term care, the VA system, retail/nursing clinics, community health centers) and consider ways in which the setting could incorporate aspects of the PCMH model. Specifically address access, quality, and cost. Finally, discuss the nurse’s role in advocating for these changes. If possible, share your own experiences and example of this model (or related principles).
Assistance with the description of
1500 word. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least five (5) sources
• Explain how to assess the learning styles, critical thinking skills, and the cognitive abilities of adult learners.
• Describe three factors that may affect the learner’s readiness to learn (these may be internal or external [environmental] factors). Discuss at least two strategies to remove barriers to student readiness for learning
• Select a PEM commonly distributed to clients in various healthcare settings (e.g., hospitals, physicians’ offices, clinics, home care agencies).
Select one or two paragraphs from the document and include it in your paper, then Calculate the literacy level of the PEM using the Fog, SMOG, and Fry readability formulas. Draw conclusions about the appropriateness of these tools for patient education. Make suggestions for changes to lower the literacy level, as appropriate